Wednesday Evenings at Saint Paul's
Faith and Justice Speaker Series
This speaker series runs through February 22 and will bring in community experts on justice areas that you have identified as being most critical for our church to discuss in light of our faith: race relations, human sexuality, child advocacy, gender equality, education equality and homelessness/hunger. Speakers will begin at 6:15 p.m. in Sanders Hall with discussion following.
Saint Paul’s United Methodist Church Foundation
Three Wednesday Evening Seminars
February 15 & 22, and March 22, 2017
February 15 - Seminar #1
What happens when family members are no longer able to make decisions regarding their health care or finances? Who is in charge?
- This session will focus on the laws and options available to provide decision-making authority for friends or family.
- Learn about powers of attorney, living wills and health care directives - documents which allow you to choose people to make decisions when you are unable to do so.
- By the end of the session, attendees will have the opportunity to complete and leave with fully executed health care directive, compliant with current Florida law.
February 22 - Seminar #2
Can anything be done to simplify the legal complications and lessen the cost to settle one’s estate after death? To minimize taxes? To make sure your wishes are honored?
- Discuss ways to plan now for the distribution of assets at death—in both simple and complex situations.
- Learn about trusts, wills and the proper titling of real property and financial assets in light of current law.
- What are the advantages of charitable giving?
March 22 - Seminar #3
Health Care Costs
What happens to your life’s savings when you or a family member require a nursing home or high cost home health care?
- Discuss various ways to finance health care costs towards the end of life.
- What does Florida and federal law provide to assist those needing long-term care?
- What might be on the horizon as a new administration takes control of the federal government?
Come join us for Wednesday evening dinner in Sanders Hall,
5:15 - 6:15 p.m.
Reservations due by midnight Sunday by calling 385-5146
or online at here! $7 adults, $3 ages 4 - 12.
MENU for February
2/1 ~ Roast Pork
2/8 ~ Meat Loaf
2/15 ~ Chicken 'a la Milanese
2/22 ~ International Night Chinese
All come with salad, dessert, and chicken nuggets for kids.