The earth belongs to God! Everything in all the world is his! Psalm 24:1 Living Bible (TLB)
Our Mosaic Garden Needs You
The weather is warming up, and we need help watering the garden during the summer months. In between your summer fun, please consider adopting a week in the garden. In just a few minutes, you can water, pull a weed or two, and check for pests to help our garden thrive. Groups and Sunday School classes are encouraged to help, and all the veggies are donated to Manna on Meridian food bank. Sign up by emailing Jessie Perry at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Seven Top Energy-Saving Tips for Summer
- Set your air conditioner thermostat as high as comfortable – some recommend 77ºF or higher when you’re home. Use a smart thermostat to automatically adjust the temperature higher when you are away.
- Have your central air conditioner tuned up and clean or replace filters monthly for more efficient operation.
- Keep the blinds and windows closed during the day and open at night. This is a no-cost way to keep your home a little cooler.
- Window, ceiling and whole-house fans are also low-cost ways to stay comfortable.
- Minimize indoor heat: run the dryer and dishwasher at night on hot days and let your dishes air dry. Avoid heat-generating incandescent lighting and use a microwave, toaster oven or outdoor grill instead of the oven. It’s best to avoid the use of major appliances between 2 and 8 p.m.
- Set your water heater to 120ºF.
- Wash clothes in cold water and clean the lint filter in the dryer after every use.
For more energy saving tips, see the Energy Tips Handbook at www.talgov.com.
Please join our Facebook Group at https://www.facebook.com/groups/spumccreationcare/ or email list by contacting email@example.com